Defence NewsÖne Çıkan
UK to procure 100-300-kilometer-range missiles for Ukrainian army
The UK Ministry of Defense has published a list of weapons it plans to procure for the Ukrainian Armed Forces within the framework of International Fund for Ukraine (IFU).
The military equipment will be procured for the needs of the Ukrainian Defense Forces within the framework of the Ukraine Support Fund, the UK Government website reported
The UK will also procure equipment for the modernization and support of existing Ukrainian platforms, as well as for the production of artillery or tank ammunition.
The first IFU procurement round, known as “Urgent Bidding Round 1” (UBR1) has now closed. An announcement on the resulting equipment package was made on Feb. 15: Ukraine is to receive a multi-million-pound capability boost from international fund.
To ensure mobility, the Ministry of Defense will procure:
- Armored minefield breaching capabilities – mine rollers and mine ploughs full width and track width for Main Battle Tanks – T-72, Leopard 1, Leopard 2. Armored mine clearing vehicles.
- Armored-vehicle-launched bridges and launchers in any size.
- Medium Girder Bridges: 9m to 31m, with at least Military Load Capacity (MLC) – 70(T).
- Logistical support bridge launchers and reusable bridges: 40m to 80m, with at least Military Load Capacity (MLC) – 70(T).
- Heavy equipment transporters capable of transporting Main Battle Tanks.